1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

The SpazEvo IX

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by cmspaz, Jan 31, 2014.

1. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

I've owned the car since the beginning of the month, I should probably make a thread...

The car is in great shape, not low miles, actually well outside of my requirements, but there's virtually no rust underneath. It was reverted to stock, and has a 46,000 motor and t-case out of a WW (magical!) MR (helical diff!), and neither of them have been subjected to more than stock power. The trans is a fresh stock rebuild from RS Motors with an Evo VIII 4th gear.

For mods, the car has Apex'i N1 coilovers that need a more adequately matched set of springs, but for now they're fine, there's still plenty of grip before the understeer starts. The car is super snappy and responsive, way more than my last one, so I'll be sticking with these for at least this next season if not until they finally need replacement. Beyond that there's a test pipe in the exhaust.

And before it comes up, rotors are Centric slotted, and basically brand-new. They'll do for now. Fluid is Super Blue with a bit of the Motul 600 still in there. Pads are a mystery, they came from a buddy and nobody has any idea what they are, but they bite super hard so they'll be fine on the street. I'll be ordering up a set of Raybestos ST-43s here for track duty.

Plans for now are a decent wheel and tire setup, injectors, fuel pump, corn, and a bunch of suspension, braking, and lightweight mods as I have money and time.

And of course, sexiness:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As of right now, the car is now in storage for the remainder of winter. Time to collect parts!

2. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

The other day I picked up some parts from the black car:

Exedy HD Twin
    [​IMG]

FIC 1100cc injectors and resistor pack bypass
    [​IMG]

The clutch won't be going in for hopefully a while, but I do miss the multi-disc goodness quite a lot.

3. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Wally 255HP and body plugs for the trunk!

[​IMG]

4. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Yum, wheels...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Volk CE28 Time Attacks in 17x9 +35 wrapped in 245 Z1 Star Specs. Now the weather just needs to get nice...

5. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Did a few things tonight, put some more time and effort into the driver's side front end, straightened some brackets, the fender liner, etc, and things line up much better now... Way better than after the snowbank on the lake. Traction can be a bitch when you don't want it.

Also, did the spring oil change, filled it up with AMSOil 10w-40 High Zinc, same treatment the last one was getting.

On top of that, put the summer wheels and tires on for driving it today. :)

[​IMG]

6. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

car looks good spaz

7. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Thank you, sir!

8. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

The shakedown went well!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3LMInUXBW4[/video]

Still needs an ACD pump since it's got an open center diff right now, but outside of being a little sketchy when the tail steps out you'd NEVER know, it just rips. The alignment is super super stable, with a full degree of total toe-in in the rear end, makes it break away smoothly and predictably and the front end is aggressive enough that it just grabs and goes. I'm super happy with the setup and will rock it as is for PG... I just need some new rubber since the *Specs are done.

9. thundertones

thundertones New Member

Nice ride. Do you still have it?