1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

My 20B FD

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by ProJecT_7, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ProJecT_7

ProJecT_7 New Member

Hello,

I've been watching this forum for a while and notice that barely anybody even posts on here. I also find it interesting that there is an FD as the "emblem" for this website.

Anywho, I will be doing a build log here as well as on Rx7Club (where there are a lot more people actively participating on the website).

The Beginning:

So the Friday after I got back from New York I received a nice package:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To Be Continued: Have about 100 more pics I need to post up here, but need to go blow snow off of my driveway!
    :mad:

Take it Easy.

Little Teaser Video to show where I'm at:
    [video]http://youtu.be/2yqKCtHqqfk[/video]

-Nick

2. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

VERRY COOL

i can not wait to be earfucked by the sounds lol

3. DWNUNDR

DWNUNDR New Member

where abouts in Shakopee are you?? I just pulled my FB out of storage to do a build on it in the next few milleniums haha

planned on a 13b turbo swap... wanted a 20B.. would love to get together and chat about this...

also know a guy in Shakopee with a nice FD...

4. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

Justin? i live just down the street from him!

5. DWNUNDR

DWNUNDR New Member

yes... haha Good friends with him...

actuallyt he whole reason he got his RX7 is when we first met I was talking to him about the series 6 being my dream car.. he hadnt even heard of them... then a month or so later he cruises by..

I used to live in Dublin court.. 2 blocks from him...

6. DWNUNDR

DWNUNDR New Member

7. ProJecT_7

ProJecT_7 New Member

Yeah it'll be pretty loud. Will be straight 4" all the way back. I have the exhaust already made (4" stainless steel v-band w/ magnaflow race muffler).

I will likely just get my other FD running this year and work on the 20b again periodically.

Yeah? I am the only one in Shakopee that I know of that owns an FD...well 2 FDs lol.

8. ProJecT_7

ProJecT_7 New Member

Exhaust Teaser Pic

[​IMG]

9. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

No I did not get that forester from bill, but I remember when he had it, I hung out with a lot of the suburbs dudes back in the day!

10. DWNUNDR

DWNUNDR New Member

sorry looks like I cross posted in 2 threads haha...

Looks like there is more than one guy running a 3rd Gen around Shakopee...

Project_7 yours is silver by the looks.. there was a white one down in the OLD OLD part of Shakopee down behind Hennens...

Straitup D... I was known as WRXBOY2003 or TSTRBOY2004 on mnsubaru.. good friends with Bill... I used to own the Meineke in Shakopee which is now Capital Tire..

any of you guys know what it takes to do either a 13B-REW into a 1st Gen??? Best place to find a good running motor? I would love to drop a 20B into it... but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

11. derrian

derrian Administrator Staff Member

I love coming home to an engine ;) I think we need to buy another one soon.

How is the build coming along? More pics?

12. ProJecT_7

ProJecT_7 New Member

So I have some progress. I will post up pics shortly. Forgot nobody goes on this website anymore :(

13. ProJecT_7

ProJecT_7 New Member

A lot has happened since last year...
    Sold one FD. Bought an Rx8. Bought a forester. Sold a forester. Sold crazy parts.

But the best thing so far that happened, car wise, was when I got to working on my 20B.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting help with my buddy Rob LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BIG SHAFT...Minimal runout (THANK GOD!!!)
    [​IMG]
    My irons had little to no steppage!!! My housings were still SEXY!!!! Everything internally was HOTTT!!!!

I guess when the importer said 120+PSI on all rotors he was not lying! LOL

BUT there you have it....a 20B taken apart preparing for a badass rebuild.
    [​IMG]

Minhsane likes this.
  14. derrian

That just looks amazing! I'm glad the inside looked good for. It is always fun buying motors and having them shipped to you without knowing what lying inside.

Looking great!

15. ProJecT_7

ProJecT_7 New Member

thanks. Have been working on getting my 8 up and running again so I haven't had a chance to work on the 20b or the FD. Will post more pics of progress in a few days. Jury trial has been draining on me. Hopefully the client will be please with the result (find out tomorrow).

16. thundertones

thundertones New Member

Any update on this build?

17. ProJecT_7

ProJecT_7 New Member

Sure...I parted out my 20b then sold my fd yesterday.

Decided building my 2jzgte would be the more feasible option.

I made triple the amount of money from parting out my 20b as I paid for the engine. Made about double what I paid for my FD.

Now that I am down to only one vehicle again I am able to assess my next move.

Realistically, I should have been done with this build for a while already.

My issue is that when I make money on selling parts I have no incentive to spend money on my builds.

I know classic :)

18. derrian

LOL. We have the same problem

19. MNee

MNee New Member

after selling the 20b, hows the build going on the 2jzgte?

20. MNee

MNee New Member

How's the Magnaflow race muffler? Would like to know your insights. Is it true that a certain model muffler from this brand is very similar to the Borla? Btw, I'm open for other muffler options too.