1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

K24 Honda Fit

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by Tinyvan, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

I will use this thread to kind post what I am up to with the car. First things a little history and the progress the car has gone through.

In October 2007 I picked up my first new car a 2008 Honda Fit Sport in Nighthawk black Pearl. I got the car for a fun, reliable daily driver that I could lightly mode (haha). Well it dint take long for the mods to start. With in a Month I ordered at Short Air Intake and PIAA yellow fog bulbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

End of October

[​IMG]

All winter I have been itching to do more to the car. by the time March rolls around I already had a set of Volk CE28's, Spoon N1 and B-pipe and Progress lowering srpings all waiting to be installed.

[​IMG]

By mid summer I have my JDM Tail lights and 3rd breaklight. I also get a PWJDM engine cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I shortly get bored of that engine cover and sent the OEM one out to get painted. Other then small dress up parts thats about it for 2008.

[​IMG]

So its winter time again and that means its time to start collecting parts. I pick up a used J's Grille and Spoon duck bill spoiler for cheap. I also get my biggest mod to date for the car, a Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit, I had Full Blown do the install of the kit along with a T1R header. I also decided I wanted to go lowers so i picked up some skunk2 coilovers along with a progress RSB. the last thing I get for 2009 is FX35 projectors retro fitted into the stock headlights.

The end of 2009 I have my First photoshoot With Adam from TYC photography.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over the next winter I thought it was time to change up my wheels. I had picked up a set of BBS RS's so I decide to rebuild my my self. I also get the topmount intercooler and a T1R test pipe for my SC. I have my second photoshoot with Adam, and other then that not much happens with the car other then enjoy it. I do pick up DC5 type-R seats but was not able to get them installed before the photoshoot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Winter of 2010/2011 I start having issues with the car and its reliability. For some reason it starts eating belts. After about the 2nd or 3rd belt I finally said F-it and had the supercharger removed. After it was removed I was super bummed about it and not sure what to do next. I had been toying with the idea of going K-swap for a few months but never really put much thought into it. After losing the supercharger I finally just decided to stop playing around and step it up.

I did another month of serious research into the K swap. My original plan was to get the K20a from the Type-R then build it. It was brought to my attention why spend $5k on a type-R when your going to change the cams any why. I started looking at other Ks and one of the cheaper one is the K24a2.

So I had my engine a 2.4, from the start I knew I wanted a 6spd and a limited slip so the tran was a easy choice, I picked up a 06 Civic Si trans. May came around and I had a good start of parts needed to do the K swap. I dropped all my parts and the car off at Full Blown and let them do there thing. Like any build this size there where hiccups and delays but Full Blown took good care of me the whole time and 4 months later the car was back in my hands.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. MattG

MattG New Member

NICE!

Never seen one of these done up before

3. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

i got a ride in this car last week, its FUN!!!!

4. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

... son of a bitch! I had a bunch more typed up after "Winter of 2010/2011 I start having issues with the car and its reliability. For some reason it starts eating belts." sigh* I will have to redo it I guess.

Thanks MattG, that is one reason I love the Fit, you just dont see them modified around here.

5. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

With the help of my brother I was able to get the passenger seat mounted finally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

The car is now parked for the winter. I have a few ideas for over the winter. #1 thing is get the HR shifter box in the car. Some other ideas I have is upgrade the brakes and do a rear disc conversion. Also thinking of upgrading my cars audio, nothing crazy just a aftermarket head unit and some real nice speakers. I dont really know yet, keep a eye on this thread for updates.

7. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

Right on, and if u want those plastic pannels for under the hood lmk we can make some shit work

8. derrian

derrian Administrator Staff Member

Audio! While maybe not a 'go fast' upgrade, it sure is nice to have when you are out just enjoying your car :)

9. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

[​IMG]

Got bored today so I pulled the dash apart and unwired the gauges I had. Plain is to replace the Boost gauge with a Oil Temp gauge.

10. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

So yesterday I spent a good hour or more trying to get the deck back in. I manged to drop and lose both nuts/screws...FML. I did order my Oil temp gauge so when that comes in I will work on re wire the gauges back into the car

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  11. derrian

LOL, we lose so many screws when doing anything :) Hopefully they weren't too hard to replace :)

Is your dash hard to take apart? I see steering wheel pieces missing.

12. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

The steering wheel is detachable. I took that off and its sitting in my room

13. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

Today I ran the harnesses through the dash and started trying to get the harness through the firewall. I think I will need a second pair of hand so I will do that another day. I also mounted the new gauge in the pod. Tomorrow hope to pick up some wire and electrical tape and then I can extend the harness and maybe hook up the power and ground ends. I also put in the LED bulbs my bro got me for Christmas.

14. derrian

Can't wait to see pictures! Are the LEDs for the interior lights?

15. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

yep for the dome and cargo area, then he got me two for the licensed plate

16. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

Got my gauges wired and working today. It took a good chunk of the day but I got every thing wired up and working :D I even started the car up to check for leaks and all seems good. All that is left to do as for the gauges is to remount the gauge pod and tuck some of the wires a little better.

17. derrian

I want to see some pics of the gauges all lit up when you are done :)

18. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

[video=youtube;aW6dsmvR1ek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW6dsmvR1ek&feature=youtu.be[/video]

19. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

POO i lol'd

when are we going to make some covers to clean up that engine bay?

20. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

i dont know, lol