1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm BACK!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by 02subbiers, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Hey everybody. I am back in the game baby!

Picked up this lovely pile today from St. Cloud Subaru.

[​IMG]

She's got her quirks but hopefully I can get them sorted out soon. She hated life at idle but I fixed that for now.

Probably not a lot going to get done to her anytime soon as far as mods go since she is now my one and only driver. (traded Saturn and Jeep is now off road only)

So, MOAR PICTURES!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tinyvan

Tinyvan New Member

awesomeness!

3. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Race car.

4. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

Awesome!

5. derrian

derrian Administrator Staff Member

SO happy to see you back in a Subaru!

Please add pics of your pretty blue lights :) lol

6. SHUSH with the blue lights!!! It's my secret weapon! ;)

Also, she now sounds like a proper Subaru :)
    [video=youtube;UeOxU7MI3xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOxU7MI3xk[/video]

Did a compression test and results came in between 138-147 which is acceptable.

Gonna have my tune checked next I think.

7. So I had my tune checked on Saturday and found out it was tuned for what we believe was 850cc injectors and I have what looks to be stock injectors installed. Tried flashing on a base Stage 2 tune and she idled like a kitten! BUT, gave me nothing over half throttle so I am still running the old crap tune until I get my new turbo inlet installed and OEM MAF sensor. I'll hopefully be able to get it back over to the tuner's this weekend to get it sorted out.

8. Rewedmiata

Rewedmiata <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

Just buy 850cc...sounds like the easy solution...and more boost

9. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

1100s and corn.

10. derrian

I agree with "more boost" :D

11. LOLZ! First step is getting the tune figured out. Parts came in last night so those will be getting installed this afternoon. Hopefully getting the tune looked at again tomorrow.

Current plan in order as of now:

- Get it running right
    - Wheels/tires
    - Brakes
    - Coilovers
    - Sway bars
    - Bigger injectors
    - STI 6-Spd

12. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

That looks very similar to the list for my car, but I can cross off getting it running right, coilovers, and a trans. There's just something to be said for simplicity in a setup. :)

13. Rewedmiata

Rewedmiata <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

That 6 speed should be higher on that list.

14. It kind of is. More like in between the brakes and coilovers.

15. On the way to get tuned!!!!!....I hope :)

16. ....AND NOPE! Found another leak. FASYGFOUB OCHBACUSYVUSVDU!!!!!!!!**************

17. Leaks appear to be fixed thanks to the help of Erik and Brandon! Got the new injector seals installed and she runs again! Set to go meet up with NF tomorrow night and work on a tune we hope.

On a brighter, non-tech related note, I have decided on a name for this car: Tessa!
    For those that don't know the story behind it, full name would be Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa. She is the captain in Full Metal Panic!
    I was looking at the wall scroll on my wall (dur!) and it hit me :)

18. derrian

Beautiful! Glad that worked out. Can't wait to see it!

19. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

How'd the tuning go?

20. Tuning helped a lot. Overall drivability is 100% better, but power is down for now. (Boost was hitting 18PSI and now down to about 15PSI) Wound up with exhaust leaks so swapped on a stock manifold and an APS uppipe. Three minor leaks still so will get those sorted out tomorrow. I'll also pull my downpipe again and weld in the O2 sensor bung for my wideband and get that hooked up.