1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Canyon Carvers' 86

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by canyon_carvers, Jun 7, 2013.

1. canyon_carvers

canyon_carvers New Member

Just putting where it belongs...

Here's a video of a SCCA/PDX event at DCTC (Dakota County Technical college). My friend (go-pro) driving his MK3 supra (2jzge) running cat and mouse with me. I chased him 1st and we switched over (in video 5:35)... In this run, we weren't trying to prove who was better and who was not. Just a fun run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLi2Iq1-7mY

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll try to share more racing events

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  2. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

car is HOT!

3. Grappler

Grappler <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

Do like

4. canyon_carvers

thanks... there's a autocross test & tune june 15th and I'll be running it so I'll try to get some videos of the event. Although I'm no fan of autocross but it'll give me a chance to try out the new lsd.

5. canyon_carvers

Here's a video of a road course event at DCTC on July 7th. Despite some issues I encountered with my 86, I had fun. I will address though, Portifield R4S brake pads could had been better. With that being said, I couldn't drive the car the way I want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKe3z-cqxtY

6. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

these are from d-town, man i should have gone out there with peter

7. canyon_carvers

wow! these pictures are FREAKEN SUPERB!!! you should had been there straitup-D. There will be one more PDX in OCT 5th at DCTC.

8. canyon_carvers

time for a new project... Not that there's anything wrong with the engine I had in the car... Engine still runs strong, I been wanting a 20v for a long time...
    [​IMG]
    no more 16v...
    [​IMG]
    the 16v that was in the 86... I sold the complete sidedraft carburetor set up and now I'm trying to sell this one.. we'll see...
    268/268 crower cams w/adjustable fidenza cam gears & TechnoToyTuning light weigh crank pulley.
    [​IMG]
    The new project... this will take some time... I want to do everything right so it won't be running until next year...

9. Grappler

noms itbs of goodness

10. canyon_carvers

engine is in... started it up without the coolant hose hooked up and it idles smooth at 700 rpm and revs up nicely. Turned it off after 20 second of test. just waiting for water outlet block off plate & velocity stacks to get here then it'll rolling out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Grappler

looking good man can't wait for more updates :)

Which velocity stacks are you going with?

12. canyon_carvers

Thanks and for as for the velocity stacks, I'm going with 50mm inner diameter and 110mm long. Something for the high end.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  13. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

what are you doing with your old motor?

14. canyon_carvers

15. canyon_carvers

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013