1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Bork bork bork

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by ij1889, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

hi guys, my name is Ivan, i am in minnesota. i bought my c30 and did OSD in may of 2009
    [​IMG]
    so 5 weeks later... i finally got my car stateside, and of course i got the extra special rims that cost me $300 extra
    [​IMG]
    3 weeks later i was going down the highway and i switched lanes, as soon as i switched lanes i saw a peice of wood, and the result to my 2 left tires was
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

so my 2009 was sitting in my garage for the better part of summer as i had decided that i would buy summer rims next year and buy winter rims for the coming winter, off to sears auto department were i found these for $90 a rim
    [​IMG]
    heres where it get interesting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and once i saw snow i threw in some blizzacks and this was the final product
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  3. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

so after being tired of monster trucking i bought megan racing lowering springs(for the mazda 3) and Elevate rear sway bar, all for the price of $200
    [​IMG]
    and i picked up a set of 19" rims, because they were a good deal, originally i wanted 18"s. buti am happy i the result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the very first night of having my rims i hit a skunk, and it ripped the very bottom of my c30, but all was fine.
    [​IMG]

4. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

I had her Dynoed to see what my stock numbers are and volvo from the factory says 227hp and 232 ft lbs of toque, my results were very impressive for stock
    [​IMG]
    after this i waited a few months until now
    [​IMG]
    new performance brake pads, stainless steel brake lines, turbo inlet pipe, and a tune that is capable of running e85, it should add a extra 60hp and 70ft lbs of torque while running on e85 and 40hp and 50 ft lbs of torque on premium.

so my next plans?

coilover, exhausts, 16 or 17" rims for some really good tire for track/fun, intercooler and piping, and that should be it.

i hope you have learned a little more about my volvo and I, her name is lucy by the way.

5. derrian

derrian Administrator Staff Member

Got to say I love the Orange accents :) Hoping to see more soon!

6. Rowtard

Rowtard <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

We should find a way to match the fake 2 piece nuts to your lug nuts.

7. derp

derp New Member

thanks for letting me drive it that one night!

very nice car.

8. Shane

Shane New Member

Yeah, same. we had fun on 52

Cannot wait to see your tune and what not. Super cool :D
    Love you, Ivan.

9. FC Drifter

FC Drifter New Member

sick thread, maybe i should buy a volvo :p

10. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

Snabb shortshifter installed today, deff loving how it feels

11. derrian

derrian Administrator Staff Member

Pics man! Pics!

12. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

here is the shortshifter

[​IMG]

very happy with it, as it has a sportier feel to it

13. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

oh and i also installed my tune, getting great gas mileage, and lots more horsepower. according to my old dyno sheet and all the new stuff i should be somewhere around 270-290hp and 300-320 ft lbs of tq depending on what fuel i run

14. MattG

MattG New Member

Cool car. Not often you see one of these things all done up. Very unique, very cool.

Also, I seen you at Cars and Coffee last fall. You had a sweater on that said "Practice safe sex, screw in a Volvo." Funniest shirt ever.

15. derp

derp New Member

where's ivan bump

16. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

He spawned.

Never to be seen again.

17. derp

derp New Member

yeah, having kids totally is a social life nuke.

i'm perfectly happy waiting for a few more years.

18. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Just to make sure nobody wants to ever see you again first? :p

19. derp

derp New Member

pretty much

20. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Lulz.