1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: 1987 Mazda Rx-7 GXL - $1400 (St. Paul, MN)

Discussion in 'Vehicles for Sale' started by Rewedmiata, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewedmiata

Rewedmiata <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL - $1,400

*** Update added to the bottom of the post, sale now includes some extras ***

If this post is still viewable the car is still for sale, I will delete the post once it's gone!

133,xxx miles

Come take a look, this car served as my off again, on again daily driver and would make a fun beater/project car.

[​IMG]

The good:

• Tires have a good amount of meat left.
    • Replaced front calipers, all four discs and swapped rubber brake lines for braided stainless steel 15,000 miles ago.
    • Water pump replaced 10,000 miles ago.
    • Full Racing Beat exhaust including headers.
    • 15" BBS aluminum alloy convertible wheels.
    • Runs fine once warm, still averages 15mpg during mixed city/highway driving.
    • Not burning coolant or abnormal amounts of oil, runs nice and cool (for a rotary.)
    • Power windows and sunroof function.
    • Emissions and oil injection system removed, runs a 100:1 mix of two cycle oil.
    • Includes Miami Vice mix CD

[​IMG]

The bad:

• The paint is not the greatest, car has been re-sprayed a couple of times.
    • The body, lots of little dents and nicks, pretty standard for a daily driven 25 year old sports car.
    • Rear wheel bearings are starting to make noise after I garaged the car for a few months.
    • Fuel injectors need work, the car runs richer than it should and there is a small amount of fuel entering the intake overnight so it doesn't run great until it warms up and the injectors start cycling correctly. A fuel cut-off switch is wired in to combat this and usually doesn't need to be used unless the car hasn't been fully warmed up.
    • The interior is fair condition but the driver's seat is a little beat up and a lot of the common weak panels have cracks. Rear seats are installed but only one full set of seatbelts is installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Update: Cleaned out my storage and found a few spare parts, the following will be included in the sale:

• S5 upper intake, modified to fit on an S4 (includes working VDI actuator.)
    • 320mm knock-off Mazdaspeed steering wheel and the appropriate boss
    • Fiberglass/MDF custom molded sub woofer box, 10" opening, fits nicely in the niche between passenger strut tower and rear of hatch area.
    • S4 headlight switch (was a little flaky, needs a good cleaning and resolder.)
    • S4 blinker switch.
    • Left and right steering knuckles with 5-port hubs.
    • New in box set of rear inner and outer wheel bearings
    • New in box engine side fuel filter.
    • White S5 Turbo II style wing, skin is cracked in a couple of spots.

2. derp

derp New Member

oh that's awfully tempting. too bad i need a winter beater and not a project car.

3. Lindahl#7

Lindahl#7 New Member

Beautiful car, good luck with the sale. Still keeping the FB in the avatar pic??

4. littlewolf

littlewolf New Member

Oh boy....temptation. Temptation....

5. Rewedmiata

Its not my FC, it a buddy of mine. No the fb I own has no value with the issues it has so that's just sitting till I have the time,money and determination to get that rolling again.

6. littlewolf

littlewolf New Member

I know the post is about a year old but does your buddy still have it?

7. Rewedmiata

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.