1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD: 1984 TURBO Low Mileage FB RX7 $7,000 OBO

Discussion in 'Vehicles for Sale' started by Lindahl#7, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindahl#7

Lindahl#7 New Member

1984 Turbo Low Mileage Mazda RX-7 FB For Sale

It’s about that time where priorities must come before pleasure for me and I hate to do this.

Up for sale is my pride and joy and what I’ve labored towards for the last few years of my life but I’m forced to make a hard decision and list my car up for sale. Listed below is all pertinent information about the car and its workings, as long as the ad is up the car is still for sale.

Specifications:
    1984 Mazda RX-7 FB Chassis with 87,xxx original miles on it – 9/10
    1987 Mazda RX-7 FC Turbo II engine, transmission, wiring harness and ECU that I personally swapped into the car – 9/10
    Weighs in at just over 2300lbs with a full tank of gas and no driver in the car – 10/10
    Tornado Silver Metallic K8 paint code that is still in good condition for the year – 6.5/10
    Burgundy interior color in very good condition for the year – 8/10
    Body shows no signs of structural damage or rust – 9/10
    Tires are still practically new with only 10,000 easy miles on them and 10/32 of tread left, also come with a lifetime warranty from Discount Tire – 9/10

Turbo Swap:
    I personally took an engine, transmission, wiring harness and ECU out of a running 1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II car and swapped the engine into this car. It’s a pretty common swap and there is a lot of info found online about how to do the swap and any help necessary for a problem. Listed below will be the specs of the engine and the build around it.

13b Turbo II Engine and transmission:
    Engine is pushing around 220rwhp according to my and a rotary friend’s estimates and has the potential for much more with the supporting mods. This isn’t a lot of power, but in a 2300lb car it’s blindingly fast.
    • 1987 S4 13bt stock port engine with 110psi on each rotor face when I personally measured it
    • Large TII FC front mount oil cooler
    • Racing Beat 12a to 13b engine mount adapter to mount the engine on the stock FB mounts
    • 13b GSL-SE front cover and oil pan to allow the engine to be mounted in the FB chassis
    • Ported turbo wastegate to avoid boost creep
    • Custom cold air intake using silicone adapters, 2.5in aluminum piping and an aftermarket air filter
    • Custom front mount intercooler setup using 2.5in aluminum piping and silicone adapters to a GReddy throttle body adapter
    • Racing Beat 2.5†downpipe and presilencer for exhaust
    • SR Motorsports 9.5lb lightweight flywheel (one of the lightest flywheels made for the rotary engine) with only a few thousand miles on it
    • Exedy Stage 1 clutch with only a few thousand miles on it
    • All this is bolted up to its TII transmission which is one of the strongest RX-7 transmissions ever made

Drivetrain:
    • Stock FB transmission mount modified for TII install
    • Custom driveshaft with 12mo warranty built to 450+hp safely (rebuildable u-joints, bar stock steel, greaseable u-joints, etc.) from Proven Force in Maple Grove, MN
    • Stock FB GS rear axle setup
    • Polyurethane rear bushings for the upper and lower control arms as well as the Watts link bushings
    • Tokico Blue shocks for each corner, on stock springs right now

Electrical:
    • 1987 S4 TII N370 ECU and all its appropriate sensors wired in by me with some help online
    • No emissions systems whatsoever on the car to clutter it up and take away from the experience
    • Knightsports Fuel Cut Defender FCD to avoid fuel cut at above 8.5psi of boost pressure
    • Large Interstate battery relocated to the storage bin behind the driver’s seat

Fuel:
    • 3/8in aluminum fuel feed line with 5/16in return line (can hold much more pressure and volume for future added horsepower than what I’m pushing stock right now)
    • Stock S4 TII fuel pump hanger custom installed in the tank
    • Has a fuel cut off switch in the case of hard starts some rotary engines are prone to

Interior:
    • AEM UEGO wideband O2 controller to the downpipe installed on the a-pillar
    • Auto Meter Ultra Lite boost gauge installed on the a-pillar
    • Auto Meter Ultra Lite mechanical oil pressure gauge mounted under the stereo
    • Auto Meter Ultra Lite electrical water temp gauge mounted under the stereo
    • Auto Meter Ultra Lite mecanical oil temperature gauge mounted under the stereo
    • All stock gauges on the cluster also work as they should
    • Kenwood KDC-MP735U single DIN deck installed for a stereo controller (has USB hookup, AUX line out, CD player, large screen, multiple lines out for multiple amplifier applications, and a remote)
    • Kenwood 100W peak 4.5in speakers in the front
    • Kenwood 180W peak 6.5in speakers in the back
    • Jensen XDA400 1/2/4 channel amplifier pushing 100W peak to each speaker via 14ga wire
    • Aftermarket steering wheel adapter hub and steering wheel with quick release

I’ve owned this car for the last two years now, since it had 77,xxx miles on the chassis and have seen it through the transformation into its beautiful and powerful current state. I don’t have to sell the car but it would be in my best interest to move on and pursue other aspects of my life right now than my calling for the rotary engine. I will eventually return to these cars in a few years when I’m done with my current venture and I will never forget the lessons I’ve learned with the car.

I have over $6,000 invested in the car to date and had future plans to bring that total over the $10k mark with some more modifications to turn it into a high 10sec quarter mile, autocross monster, amazing car that is still streetable.

I’m looking to get $7,000 for the car as it sits now and am entertaining cash offers.

Trades would have to be really interesting for me to even consider it – maybe I’ll list some options below.
    I do have multiple YouTube videos upon request of the car in action as well as a walkaround upon request.
    My name is Austin, I have my phone on me always and can answer calls or texts most anytime at (763) – four 7 nine – nine 0 two 8 - Email is always a quick option as well, I’m very connected.

Thanks for looking and don’t wait to pick this gem up because I believe it will be gone soon!

Trade possibilities:
    Would consider trades evenly or with your trade with cash on top – only the right trade would make me want to put cash with the car
    • 3rd Gen FD RX-7 that would come with an engine, transmission and title
    • Honda CBR600RR or CBR1000RR Repsol edition
    • Ford 7.3L 4x4 ¾ or 1 ton diesel truck of the extended cab or similar variety (no 6.0’s)
    • Chevrolet Duramax 6.6L or 6.5L (pre-Duramax) 4x4 ¾ or 1 ton diesel truck of the extended cab or similar variety (no 6.2’s)
    • Chevrolet 5.7L or 6.0L gas powered (Vortec or not) 4x4 ¾ or 1 ton truck of the extended cab or similar variety (no 4.8L’s or 5.3L’s)
    • You get the idea, and getting trade offers is always a blast

Keywords: Mazda RX-7 RX7 RX-8 RX8 SA SA22C FB FC FD 1st gen 2nd gen 3rd gen S GS GSL GSL-SE SE Turbo II TurboII TII T2 12a 13b 13bt 13b REW RE 20b rotary engine Wankel turbo fmic fmoc Honda CBR CBR600 CBR600RR CBR1000 CBR1000RR Repsol 4x4 truck pickup ext extended cab crew cab long box ¾ ton 1 one ton diesel Ford power stroke powerstroke 7.3 7.3L duramax Chevrolet Chevy 6.2 6.2L 6.5 6.5L 6.6 6.6L 5.7 5.7L 6.0 6.0L 4.8 4.8L Vortec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lindahl#7

Lindahl#7 New Member

Car was sold on the 30th of August, thread can be locked.

3. Grappler

Grappler <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

Thanks for the update thread will be locked asap let us know what other projects you do :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.