1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

obscure road passion

Discussion in 'Noob Introductions' started by CountyRdRoamer, Sep 8, 2013.

1. CountyRdRoamer

CountyRdRoamer New Member

Hello,

My daily driver is a black 2012 Subaru STi sedan. I enjoy driving on the "middle of no where roads" but sometimes I also come to the cities to play. I enjoy wrenching on all types of cars and engines. Be it a boxer, V8, rotary, inline 4 or inline 6; if it has power I like it.

2. Rewedmiata

Rewedmiata <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

Hello there, any mods to the STI?

3. CountyRdRoamer

Slightly, due to the current warranty. Mods include SPT Cat-Back exhaust, SPT turbo heat shield, O.Z. light weight wheels, upgraded speakers and rally armor mud flaps (paint protection, I drive on gravel frequently).

4. gdoggy77

gdoggy77 New Member

Welcome! You should post a picture or two

5. CountyRdRoamer

I would but I don't have any "urls" with pics of my car. I'm surprised you can't browse and upload.

6. Grappler

Grappler <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

Most people host via photobucket or other such sites. Save bandwidth ;)

7. Derrian

Derrian Guest

If you click the Image icon, you should be able to get a pic from your computer. (as you can see I did below)

Attached Files:

8. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Welcome!

9. CountyRdRoamer

Here, sorry for the wait

Attached Files:

10. CountyRdRoamer

Wicked EVO, nice numbers

11. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Thank you, sir! Past tense though, sorry to say. She didn't survive the road course at PG last weekend, brake fluid boiled.

That's a nice and shiny STi though, I like it!

12. CountyRdRoamer

Sorry to hear that, a few of my friends were up at proving grounds but I didn't make it. Any plans for a future build?

13. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

Well, for starters, a NOT totaled Evo. :p

14. CountyRdRoamer

I like AWD but I would love to do a nice RWD build. I just can't find a decent Corolla GT-S or 240, that some kid didn't wreck or that is ridiculously over priced

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  15. littlewolf

littlewolf New Member

Darn! I was hoping that wasn't yours...
    Sorry to hear it man

16. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

My driving style is best suited to an oversteer-y AWD platform, I'd get a little carried away with something RWD and likely end up as one of those kids who wrecks them. :p

Things happen, and life goes on (well, you hope it does when walls and 80mph are concerned). NBD. There will always be other Evos, it's the fact that I'll be back up on my own two feet and behind the wheel again that matters.

17. Trogdor

Trogdor New Member

subaru's have a warranty? Fuck, I knew I should have gotten one of those instead!

18. CountyRdRoamer

Subaru are warranty Nazis, maybe you should be glade you didn't haha... I love my car but I'm not a fan of Subaru Of America. From my experience they are very anti-aftermarket and get pissy if you perform your own services.

19. Grappler

Grappler <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

You should probably ask him about mitsu warranties :p

20. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

The local Mitsu DM is Hitler.